Syed Kazmi


About me
I was born in Lucknow, India and came to Vancouver as an international student in 2005. There I graduated from the Emily Carr university in 2009. During my time at the university I studied photography, film and animation which culminated in my graduation film, The Imposter.

I have always treated movies as an art form, with Kubrick, Tarkovsky and Wong Kar-Wai as my idols. In my early teens I started experimenting with animation and decided to become an animator. Stop motion and computer animation are my primary preferences. Being a huge fan of film noir I love to design and light cg environments according to those sensibilities. I'm deeply into classic science fiction and most of my work revolves around that subject matter.

Contact
faizankazmi18@gmail.com
778.829.8224


(Sketch by Lisa Wilson)